|How to keep cabinet door screws tight|
Those pesky little hinge screws in cabinets that work their way loose and now unable to be tightened..
Oh yes, Big Block Inspections has been there, seen that, done that!
How to fix and to do it so easily and so as they stay tight.
1. Remove the hinge, check out so you know it is in perfect operating condition.
2. Take some tooth picks, dip one end in Gorilla glue, stick in hole and roll around inside.(Try and have big end of 1st tooth pick inserted in hole)
3. Take small hammer and tap same tooth pick into hole, dip another toothpick in glue and gently hammer into hole and repeat until hole is full.
4. Cut off excess lengths of toothpicks, wipe area clean.
5. Place good hinge in original spot and insert screw.
The tooth picks get welded in by the glue and produce something for the screw to hold onto. The glue will keep the screw tight.
Zippity do da, another fix it job completed for the spouse and hugs all around.
Note-#1 you must use the proper sized screw driver, if do not have, just pop over to hardware store with original screw and ask for correct size of driver.
Note#2 you don't require massive amounts of glue, just enough to hold in tooth picks.
Remember my maintenance motto......"look after the small stuff, as the big stuff will look after itself!"
David Palmer is the owner of Big Block Home Inspections and is an expert in home inspections in the Barrie Area. He has built, renovated and inspected structures for the last 45 years.